I'm asking for your support
The idea creator creates a file with ideas/national spirits that other nations can use, but don't have access to by default (e.g. a new general which you add via a focus, or a national spirit which a country should gain after an event is triggered).
When creating ideas for the first time, you will need to set up an idea file (each mod can have as many of these as you require). The tool has 3 options for this: Language (which language the mod is), Name (an internal name, and filename for the exported file), and Prefix (something to get added before each idea's ID)
As with all ideas, they are not country specific, meaning that you may want to have 2 nations which have "Rearmament Programme" as a national spirit, but have different perks (e.g. one may have less consumer goods, the other may be faster building speed). This is where the Prefix field comes in handy for your mod, as you could have GER prefix for a German ideas file, FRA for France, and no prefix if you have some generic national spirits many nations may have (e.g. the manpower boosting national spirits in the generic focus tree, when going down the fascism line).
Once you have created your ideas file, you can add your idea(s) to it, using "Add ideas" in the sidebar menu.
Name is the name which you will see in-game for the idea/national spirit.
Group is where you idea, when a country has access to it, appears in-game.
- Economy - Same place in the government as Civilian Economy, War Economy, etc.
- Mobilization Laws - Same place in the government as Volunteer Only, Extensive Conscription, etc.
- Political Advisor - Same place as the rest of cabinet (e.g. Democratic Reformer, Silent Workhorse)
- Theorist - Same place in the government as other Theorists (the ones which give bonuses to doctrines, nuclear research speed, etc.)
- Army/Air/Navy Chief - Same place as the corresponding chief in the government, on the left hand side (e.g. Aggressive Assaulter, Decisive Battle)
- High Command - Same as above, but on the right hand side in the government screen.
- Country - These are national spirits; things which you can (sometimes) see under the faction/leaders image when viewing a nation's info screen (e.g. King George V, MEFO Bills)
Depending on which of the above you select, you may get other options appear. These are things such as the political power cost to add/remove the idea.
The rest of the fields are very similar to events/national focus. They are the effects whilst the idea is active/what it gives when added/removed.
Not all of the fields would be required for all groups. For example, you probably wouldn't need an equipment bonus on an economy law (but it may still be something you have).
If there's something that I have missed, or you still don't understand, let me know :)